Ferrero is a brand that is synonymous with helping people celebrate life’s special moments. Whether it is the Christmas holidays, or the exciting upcoming celebration of love and romance, Ferrero Rocher, and other brands in the Ferrero global portfolio is prominently present and always welcome at any joyous occasion. Whether it is a feature of Ferrero Rocher in holiday music videos, or Nutella for a special breakfast, the exciting Kinder egg treat, or Tic Tacs that are always there to freshen a moment.
As the world celebrates romance, we celebrate our work with Ferrero across multiple markets, represented in this case study through the Ferrero UK & Ireland team.
The Growth of a Family Business
Ferrero has been a leading confectionary-maker for over 70 years. The Ferrero story began in 1946 with a small factory in the northern Italian town of Alba and just 20 years later, the firm opened its first operations in the UK. Ferrero is committed to providing consumers with high quality brands such as Ferrero Rocher, Tic Tac, Nutella and Kinder Surprise ever since.
Ferrero UK & Ireland is a dynamic, progressive company, fusing modern, innovative approaches with a rich confectionery heritage, whilst staying true to our values as a family-owned business. The acquisition of the domestic chocolate-maker Thorntons in 2015 contributed to establish Ferrero as the fourth largest confectionery manufacturer in the UK with factories in Alfreton, Cork, and headquarters on a 23-acre site in Greenford.
How Ferrero and UpClear BluePlanner Came Together
As part of a multi market process to identify a Customer Business Planning solution, UpClear was selected as the preferred vendor with the objective to deploy its BluePlanner Revenue Management software on top of the existing SAP CRM suite. The main benefit sought through the deployment was to provide the Commercial team with a “One Stop Shop” enabling the following capabilities:
- Integrate long term volume and promotion planning, with better ease-of-use and allowing faster reaction to customer requests
- Increase visibility of promotional plan through advanced analytics and turn data into actionable insights
- Improve forecast accuracy and deliver better promotional ROI and provide clearer governance and oversight of trade spend management.
To deliver against the overall project objectives, significant effort was invested on building a comprehensive analytics suite that could connect the different internal and external data points to support the Revenue Management analysis across trade investment, promo efficiency and mix.
Why did you choose UpClear over any other vendor?
“Partnership approach from the start, learning the way Ferrero does business and tailoring the system to support our needs. Inclusive collaborative approach to product roadmap development. ” – Ferrero UK & Ireland
Why do you think UpClear was a good option?
“Step changing the user experience with an intuitive work environment. Integrates well with core business software namely excel, powerpoint and more. Enhanced tableau based reporting and analytics to support business decision making.” – Ferrero UK & Ireland
Key Benefits Delivered
- Opportunity to manually plan baseline volumes while creating uplift through promotional management
- Ability to plan and report for both direct and indirect customers, as well as the opportunity to load sell out data for indirect accounts, which allows their actualization
- Ability to review ROI and understand the impact and validity of running the promotion.
- Possibility of simulating multiple customer plans and understanding the impact on the overall P&L
- KPI reports to allow for easier review of promotions pending approval
- Dashboard view that highlights pending actions that support approval workflow
- Ability to add notes, attachments means the promotion acts as a one stop shop for supporting documentation providing an audit trail
- EPOS data Load
- Forecast Accuracy dashboards
- Promo Efficiency and Post Event Analysis
- Mix Analysis
- Trade Investment Deep Dives
- Revenue and Spend Analysis